Lyrical Host are set to become big players on the WordPress hosting scene. Even though the company itself is relatively new to the WordPress hosting market, the founder isn’t and it shows.
Keep reading to find out why I think Lyrical Host will blow your mind of you decide to use them to host your WordPress website.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you buy through one of these links I will get a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only recommend products that I use or want to use in future.
Who are Lyrical Host?
Lyrical Host are a WordPress hosting company based in Nottingham here in the UK.
Their founder Jenni, had 7 years of experience of working for hosting companies along with 14 years of using them before she started the company.
She was sick of hosting companies aimed towards men and the hidden costs culture within the website hosting industry.
Approximately 97% of our customers are women or identify as women (this is a strong contrast to the web hosting industry in general which is about 80-90% male dominated)Lyrical Host
Who do they serve?
- Approximately 97% of our customers are women or identify as women (this is a strong contrast to the web hosting industry in general which is about 80-90% male dominated).
- Likely to be between 18 and 55.
- Are primarily from the UK and USA, with Canada and Australia not far behind (we have customers in six continents dispersed all over the world, but those are the main areas).
- Are most often bloggers, but may also have a related online business (as a virtual assistant, web designer, coach, strategist, social media manager, etc.)
- Very passionate about their blog/website in and of itself (e.g. they didn’t start blogging as a get rich quick scheme, they genuinely care about their site).
- Have a strong drive and determination to succeed at what they do.
- Are very goal and achievement-orientated.
- Choose the best over the cheapest where they can reasonably afford to do so.
- Often underestimate their skills, especially technology-related skills.
- Love to learn.
- Have above average intelligence.
- Care about maintaining a good reputation and how they come across to people.
- Are very strong. Better at overcoming life challenges than they give themselves credit for.
- Care about their impact on the world, particularly with regards to people, animals, and/or the environment.
- Always want more time to work on their website, or fun related tasks (e.g. social media).
- Don’t particularly enjoy performing website management or technical tasks themselves.
- Would still blog for fun even if their blog didn’t make them a penny.
- Some of the most common interests include, but aren’t limited to: yoga, craft, beauty, parenting, writing about long-term physical or mental illness, DIY, books, films, vegetarianism/veganism, fashion, travel, writing about blogging and social media, and reviews
What makes them different?
I hear you sat there going ‘well that’s all well and good Kim, but what actually makes them different?’.
Here are just a few reasons why.
No hidden costs
Have you ever been in the process of buying something online thinking that you know what it’s going to cost, only to get to the checkout to find that a load of extras have been added to bump up the price?
Not with Lyrical Host. The price you see on screen is what you pay AND it won’t triple on renewal, either.
Free resources every month
I’ve never seen a hosting company offer this before. Every month they will give you access to exclusive stock images and resources for you to use in your content.
Free automatic daily backups
Backups are taken of your site every day and you can rollback to any backup from the last 30 days from within the control panel.
So there’s no need to run them your self via a plugin.
With every level of hosting package, you’ll get the functionality to create a staging environment.
This is basically a copy of your live site where you can test updates to themes and plugins or even work on revamping your site totally separate from your main site until you’re ready to make it live.
Anniversary tree planting
Lyrical Host are a company with a conscience. On the anniversary of you joining them, they’ll plant 5 trees to celebrate. This not only helps offset your carbon footprint, but helps farmers in developing countries too.
Now I’m not usually one for fancy looking dashboards. As long as it gets the job done I’m usually pretty happy.
But I can see why Lyrical Host‘s dashboard would appeal to less technically skilled clients.
It looks really friendly with a clean and modern feel to it. Everything is clearly labelled, and you can actually manage different parts of your site without having to login to the WordPress dashboard.
From the custom dashboard you can manage your plugins, themes and users along with the usual more techy bits.
Free SSL certificate
Setting up a SSL certificate to make your site use HTTPS is one of the simplest ways I’ve seen it done.
Check out the video below to see how (this video is taken from one of the modules in my course WP Website in a Weekend).
Last but not least. Lyrical Host have developed a reputation for outstanding customer service. To me, they go above and beyond what a host usually offers.
They talk to you like a real person and never fob you off with links to tutorials on how to do the thing you want.
There are WordPress experts on-hand to help you with any problems or questions, all at no extra cost to you.
I have a friend who switched themes after the Pipdig scandal and her header image didn’t look right on mobile. A couple of messages to Lyrical Host later and it was all good.
What more can I say?
Lyrical Host – verdict
As you can probably tell, I’m a big fan, which is why I recommend Lyrical Host to pretty much everyone who will listen.
I’m going to level with you, I have affiliate links for both Lyrical Host and SiteGround (who some of my sites are still hosted with). Even though the affiliate scheme with SiteGround pays out more – I know that Lyrical Host gives my clients better value for money.
Between the epic customer service, free resources every month and the custom dashboard it’s hard to find fault with Lyrical Host.
If you’re a woman new to blogging or setting up a website (or even if you’re a more seasoned WordPress user) I highly recommend Lyrical Host. There are lots of unscrupulous companies out there looking to make a few quid off unsuspecting women but Lyrical Host is definitely NOT one of them.
If you do decide to make the switch to Lyrical Host, if you use the code TBG10 you’ll get 10% off your first payment.
If you use this code to buy before 26th May 2019, you’ll also get an EXCLUSIVE bundle of resources including stock images from Lyrical Host.